Shortest Route SHROUTE
There are N cities in Chefland numbered from 1 to N and every city has a railway station. Some cities have a train and each city has at most one train originating from it. The trains are represented by an array A, where Ai=0 means the i-th city doesn’t have any train originating from it, Ai=1 means the train originating from the i-th city is moving right (to a higher numbered city), and Ai=2 means the train originating from the i-th city is moving left (to a lower numbered city).
Each train keeps on going forever in its direction and takes 1 minute to travel from the current station to the next one. There is a special station at city 1 which lets travellers instantaneously teleport to any other station that currently has a train. Teleportation and getting on a train once in the city both take 0 minutes and all trains start at time 0.
There are M travellers at city 1, and the i-th traveller has destination city Bi. They ask Chef to guide them to teleport to a particular station from which they can catch a train to go to their destination in the least time possible. In case it’s not possible for a person to reach his destination, print −1.
Note: The input and output of this problem are large, so prefer using fast input/output methods.
The first line contains an integer T, the number of test cases. Then the test cases follow.
Each test case contains three lines of input.
The first line contains two integers N, M.
The second line contains N integers A1,A2,…,AN.
The third line contains M integers B1,B2,…,BM.
For each test case, output M space-separated integers C1,C2,…,CM, where Ci is the minimum time required by the i-th traveller to reach his destination and if the i-th traveller can’t reach his destination, Ci=−1.
The sum of N over all test cases is at most 106.
The sum of M over all test cases is at most 106.
Subtask #1 (100 points): original constraints
1 0 0 0 0
1 0 0 0 2
2 0 0 0 1
Test Case 1: The only person takes the train from station 1 and hence takes |5−1|=4 minutes to reach his destination.
Test Case 2: The only person takes the train from station 5 and hence takes |5−4|=1 minute to reach his destination.
Test Case 3: Since no train passes station 3, it’s impossible for the first person to reach his destination and since the second person is already at station 1, it takes him 0 minutes to reach his destination.
June Long Challenge 2021 Solutions
- Maximum Frequent Subarray Sum solution codechef
- Dual Distance solution codechef
- Optimal Xor Set solution codechef
- Minimum Subtree Cover solution codechef
- Minimum Dual Area solution codechef
- Bitwise Tuples solution codechef
- Shortest Route solution codechef
- Bella ciao solution codechef
- Summer Heat solution codechef
March Long Challenge 2021 Solutions
- An Interesting Sequence ISS SOLUTION
- Tree House THOUSES SOLUTION
- Valid Paths VPATH SOLUTION
- Modular Equation MODEQ SOLUTION
- Tic Tac Toe TCTCTOE SOLUTION
- Xor Equality XOREQUAL SOLUTION
- Golf LKDNGOLF SOLUTION
- Solubility SOLBLTY SOLUTION
April Long Challenge 2021 Solutions
- Chef and Dice SDICE Solution
- Worthy Matrix KAVGMAT Solution
- Binary String MEX MEXSTR Solution
- Boolean Game BOOLGAME Solution
- Tree Permutations TREEPERM Solution
- Destroy the EMP Chip CHAOSEMP Solution
- Chef and Pair Flips PAIRFLIP Solution
- String Power STRPOW Solution
- Brahma and Shiva SHRINES Solution
- Water Sort Puzzle (Challenge) WTRSORT Solution
- World Record BOLT Solution
- Strong Language SSCRIPT Solution
- Valid Pair SOCKS1 Solution
Codechef Long Challenge Solutions
February Long Challenge 2021
- 1. Frog Sort Solution Codechef
- 2. Chef and Meetings Solution Codechef
- 3. Maximise Function Solution Codechef
- 4. Highest Divisor Solution Codechef
- 5. Cut the Cake Challenge Solution Codechef
- 6. Dream and the Multiverse Solution Codechef
- 7. Cell Shell Solution Codechef
- 8. Multiple Games Solution Codechef
- 9. Another Tree with Number Theory Solution Codechef
- 10. XOR Sums Solution Codechef
- 11. Prime Game Solution CodeChef
- 12. Team Name Solution Codechef
January Long Challenge 2021
- Chef and Division 3 DIVTHREE SOLUTION Code Chef
- Encoded String DECODEIT SOLUTION Code Chef
- Point Of Impact BILLRD SOLUTION Code Chef
- Fair Elections FAIRELCT SOLUTION Code Chef
- Watching CPL WIPL SOLUTION Code Chef
- Chef and Ants ANTSCHEF SOLUTION Code Chef
- Blackjack BLKJK SOLUTION Code Chef
- And-Or Game ORAND SOLUTION Code Chef
- Stack-Queue Sort (Challenge) SQSORT SOLUTION Code Chef
- Expected Number of SCCs RCTEXSCC SOLUTION Code Chef
- Curious Matrix CURMAT SOLUTION Code Chef
- Cool Subsets COOLSBST SOLUTION Code Chef
- Sequence Creation ARCRT SOLUTION Code Chef
- Greedy Students GRDSTD SOLUTION Code Chef
November Challenge 2020 SOLUTION CodeChef
- Ada and Dishes SOLUTION ADADISH
- Iron Magnet and Wall SOLUTION FEMA2
- Magical Candy Store SOLUTION CNDYGAME
- Unusual Queries SOLUTION UNSQUERS
- Red-Black Boolean Expression SOLUTION RB2CNF
- Chef and the Combination Lock SOLUTION CHEFSSM
- Scalar Product Tree SOLUTION SCALSUM
- Connect on a Grid (Challenge) SOLUTION CONGRID
October Lunchtime 2020 CodeChef SOLUTIONS
- AND Plus OR SOLUTION ANDOR
- Chef and Subtree MEXs SOLUTION SUBMEXS
- Chef Likes Good Sequences SOLUTION GSUB
- Cute Chef Gift SOLUTION COPAR
- Chef Is Just Throwing Random Words SOLUTION SSO
- Counting Spaghetti SOLUTION CDSUMS
- Chef and Edge Flipping SOLUTION EFLIP
- Top Best Keylogger in Python 3 Make One
- What is Hacking?
- Secrets of the Deep Dark Web
- CODECHEF September Lunchtime 2020 SOLUTIONS
- August Lunchtime 2020 SOLUTIONS
- A. Shandom Ruffle SOLUTION
- B. Pear TreaP SOLUTION
- C. Sneetches and Speeches 3 SOLUTION
- D. The Grim Treaper SOLUTION
- Y. Sneetches and Speeches 1 SOLUTION
- Z. Trick or Treap SOLUTION
- A. Floor Number SOLUTION CODE FORCES
- B. Symmetric Matrix SOLUTION CODE FORCES
- C. Increase and Copy SOLUTION CODE FORCES
- D. Non-zero Segments SOLUTION CODE FORCES
- E. Rock, Paper, Scissors SOLUTION CODE FORCES
- F. Number of Subsequences SOLUTION CODE FORCES
- Chef and Easy Queries SOLUTIONS CHEFEZQ
- Covid Run SOLUTIONS CVDRUN OCTOBER CHALLENGE
- Positive AND SOLUTIONS POSAND
- Replace for X SOLUTIONS REPLESX
- Village Road Network SOLUTIONS VILLNET
- Random Knapsack SOLUTIONS RANDKNAP
- D-Dimensional MST SOLUTIONS DDIMMST
- Compress all Subsegments SOLUTIONS SEGCOMPR
- Adding Squares SOLUTIONS ADDSQURE
- Inversions SOLUTIONS INVSMOD2 OCOTBER CHALLENGE
- Rooted Minimum Spanning Tree SOLUTIONS ROOTMST