Maximum Alternating Subsequence Sum
The alternating sum of a 0-indexed array is defined as the sum of the elements at even indices minus the sum of the elements at odd indices.
- For example, the alternating sum of
(4 + 5) - (2 + 3) = 4.
Given an array
nums, return the maximum alternating sum of any subsequence of
nums (after reindexing the elements of the subsequence).
A subsequence of an array is a new array generated from the original array by deleting some elements (possibly none) without changing the remaining elements’ relative order. For example,
[2,7,4] is a subsequence of
[4,2,3,7,2,1,4] (the underlined elements), while
[2,4,2] is not.
Input: nums = [4,2,5,3] Output: 7 Explanation: It is optimal to choose the subsequence [4,2,5] with alternating sum (4 + 5) - 2 = 7.
Input: nums = [5,6,7,8] Output: 8 Explanation: It is optimal to choose the subsequence  with alternating sum 8.
Input: nums = [6,2,1,2,4,5] Output: 10 Explanation: It is optimal to choose the subsequence [6,1,5] with alternating sum (6 + 5) - 1 = 10.
1 <= nums.length <= 105
1 <= nums[i] <= 105
class Solution: def maxAlternatingSum(self, nums: List[int]) -> int: ans = 0 direction = 'down' n = len(nums) for i in range(n-1): if direction == 'down' and nums[i] >= nums[i+1]: ans += nums[i] direction = 'up' elif direction == 'up' and nums[i] <= nums[i+1]: ans -= nums[i] direction = 'down' if direction == 'up': return ans return ans + nums[-1]
Credit : Here
Weekly Contest 247
- Maximum Product Difference Between Two Pairs
- Cyclically Rotating a Grid
- Number of Wonderful Substrings
- Count Ways to Build Rooms in an Ant Colony
Biweekly Contest 55
- Remove One Element to Make the Array Strictly Increasing
- Remove All Occurrences of a Substring
- Maximum Alternating Subsequence Sum
- Design Movie Rental System
June Long Challenge 2021 Solutions
- Maximum Frequent Subarray Sum solution codechef
- Dual Distance solution codechef
- Optimal Xor Set solution codechef
- Minimum Subtree Cover solution codechef
- Minimum Dual Area solution codechef
- Bitwise Tuples solution codechef
- Shortest Route solution codechef
- Bella ciao solution codechef
- Summer Heat solution codechef