Chef and Dice SDICE April Long Challenge 2021
Chef has N 6-sided standard dice. Each die has dimensions 1×1×1. Since Chef is bored during the quarantine, he decides to stack dice for fun.
First, Chef forms four vertical stacks of dice (not necessarily with the same height; empty stacks are allowed) on his table, which together make up a pile of dice with base area up to 2×2. Among all such structures, the total visible surface area of Chef’s structure must be the smallest possible.
Then, Chef calculates the number of pips on the visible faces of all dice in the structure. A face of a die is visible if it does not touch the table or another die.
Now, he is wondering: among all possible arrangements of dice, what is the maximum possible total number of visible pips? Since he is busy cooking, he is asking you to solve this.
The first line of the input contains a single integer T denoting the number of test cases. The description of T test cases follows.
The first and only line of each test case contains a single integer N.
For each test case, print a single line containing one integer ― the maximum possible number of visible pips.
Subtask #1 (10 points):
Subtask #2 (10 points):
Subtask #3 (25 points):
Subtask #4 (55 points): original constraints
Example case 1: There is only one die. If Chef places it on the table with 1 pip facing down, the visible pips are 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, and their sum is 20.
Codechef Long Challenges
September Long Challenge 2021 Solution
- Airline Restrictions
- Travel Pass
- Shuffling Parities
- XOR Equal
- 2-D Point Meeting
- Minimize Digit Sum
- Minimum Digit Sum 2
- Treasure Hunt
- Covaxin vs Covishield
February Long Challenge 2021
- Frog Sort Solution Codechef
- Chef and Meetings Solution Codechef
- Maximise Function Solution Codechef
- Highest Divisor Solution Codechef
- Cut the Cake Challenge Solution Codechef
- Dream and the Multiverse Solution Codechef
- Cell Shell Solution Codechef
- Multiple Games Solution Codechef
- Another Tree with Number Theory Solution Codechef
- XOR Sums Solution Codechef
- Prime Game Solution CodeChef
- Team Name Solution Codechef
- Bash Matrix Solution CodeChef